Friday, July 31, 2009

(-.4 lbs.)

Things are moving in the right direction again.

Last night I was having a hard time with food, I'm very bored and I even have a cookbook for this protocol and nothing seemed to interest me, so I finally settled on some chicken and I made some onion rings in the oven with grissni bread sticks which were really, really good and it was satisfied with the food. Good thing I only have 9 shots left and 3 days of VLCD so I can have a little variety. I have a zuchini sitting and waiting for me to eat it in 13 days.

I just finished reading Jillian Michaels' book, Master Your Metabolism. And I'm totally impressed with everything she said. How our hormones gets out of whack and then cause problems because we are nutrient dificient in something and other hormones are trying to fix the problem, which doesn't work.

I know I'm going to be following her recommendations for organic, nutrients and food to keep everything in balance. After working so hard to reset the hypomathamus which she talks about in her book, it all makes sense to me now. I'm going to go buy her other two books, Making the Cut and Losing to Win (I think that's the name or at least its close enough to find it in the book store).

After reading the book, it occurred to me that I've put a lot of hard work into this protocol to get healthy, why start eating crap (pesticides, hormone injected meat, etc.) so that everything can get out of whack again. I want me and my family to be healthy. So many things can contribute to heart disease, high cholestrol, diabetes, etc. due to hormones being out of whack and I don't want that.

Okay, okay, I'm off my soap box. Anyways, I feel good today about my loss, the way my clothes are fitting, and living a healthy life. I'll catch up with everyone on Monday. Have a great weekend where ever you are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment