Thursday, May 7, 2009

R2 Day 34 VLCD (0) (-18.4)

Nothing today. But that's okay, because if you calculate it out my average has been .54 pounds lost per day and that is totally awesome.

I went to a dress store yesterday because after trying on three different pairs of dress pants yesterday morning and having them all be TOO BIG!!!! I needed to purchase some new pants.

I went to the size I thought I was and was pleasantly surprised when I was able to wear a size 8 comfortably. Probably could have been a 6 but not comfortable.

This was a huge lightbulb going off in my head. WOW! Why didn't I think I could fit into an 8? Because I hadn't gotten over that hump of "that I actually was that small". People have been telling me but I don't see it in the mirror. But when I was able to put those pants on and have them fit comfortably that was a real eye-opener for me. I had to sit down in the dressing room and let it really soak in. I then stood back up and did another look in the mirror and had a revelation that I am that size and I feel good.

Being heavy we have a lot of challenges to overcome in our own minds. People who have never had a weight problem have no idea what I'm talking about. We see ourselves differently, feel differently and most the time are not happy with ourselves. Even though sometimes we put on this other "happy" face, we're really not happy. I'm finally HAPPY! I enjoy going to the store to try on clothes, I'm now seeing myself differently, I have more energy and I know now I've added years back to my life to enjoy with family. I am so greatful for HCG and what it has given back to me. I will never go back to the "old" me.

Keep smiling!

3 comments:

  1. That is so great that you are happy at your current size. You are right. Sometimes we don't see the actual weight loss that everyone is seeing. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! I remember years ago when I first tried on a size 8 that fit, I actually took a picture of them in the dressing room to show my husband (I didn't really like the pants, I just wanted to show proof that they fit! ha ha!)
    Congratulations! Can't wait to join you in size 8 land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great attitude. You are a real example to all of us. I'm so impressed that you were able to keep losing over 1/2 pound a day on R2 this close to your goal. Maybe there is hope that I can actually reach my goal too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete