Wednesday, April 15, 2009

R2 Day 12 VLCD (-.6) (-11.4 lbs.)

I'm really happy with my weight loss so far. I am also very happy with the way my clothes are fitting now days. When I can tuck in a shirt-it is a good day. I seem to be losing more in inches this time around.

I was talking with my daughter last night and we discussed how we look at ourselves in the mirror, before, during and after. When we are fat (sorry - no other word for it) we don't really see ourselves as fat, we see ourselves as "I need to lose a little weight" or "it isn't so bad" or "I guess this is how I'll be forever". The time you are on the protocol and losing you have time to really look at yourself and when you lose weight and inches you begin to realize - OMG! I was that big?

Ten years ago I weighed 125 pounds and I thought I was fat. How stupid was I, 6 years ago, I weighed what I weigh now and thought I looked horrible. It's amazing how we see ourselves in the mirror. We really need to have change our mind as well as our bodies. And this can be a really hard thing to do. I pulled out some pictures of me from my last year's vacation and almost fainted (okay puked) what was I thinking. I didn't look good. I was fooling myself. This protocol has given me the time to really see what I ate, how I lived and how I looked at myself.

This is a new beginning for me and I will always be aware of my weight and keep it under control. Life is too short. Dance, laugh, jog, but ENJOY your new body without the mind games we play with ourselves.

Til tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally understand how you feel. I didn't realize how big I was until I see myself in pics. That is so great that you are losing inches. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaggghhhhh..... The mind games we play with ourselves!! Yes, its great to be on this protocol cause it made me realize how much I used food to cope with stress, emotion etc.. Instead of eating I have to feel the emotion... quite a concept!! Glad your mirror is looking so good these days.

    ReplyDelete